Saturday, September 18, 2010

A change of seasons

Ah the fall has finally come!

Not the book that Mr. Guillermo Del Toro has written along with Chuck Hogan, but the season of Fall. Autumn! My favorite season, for you see, I LOVE the cold.

Now for some updates.

There is no word on the publishing front, so let’s leave it at that, no need to make an echo blog right?

I have gotten back to writing. I’ve been doing a mix of my own novel and fan fiction for WWE. Two new fan fictions have been created, as for the vampires. I’ve gone back and been rewriting one of my novels for later on in the series. I keep adding details and pushing the word count to well over 100,000. But I need to make sure it’s necessary. Does anyone mind quite a bit of dialogue in a novel? It is relevant to the story to set the character’s mindsets and emotional state. But that’s the purpose to editing too right? Not to mention the rough drafts help iron out details as well as situations.

But mainly, I’ve been working on a rather dastardly immortal. I cannot say too much about them, but the fact that it’s part of the most grotesque coven I have created. In a pervious blog I explained a group of vampires who call themselves Gluttons. Like a walking blob but their goal was to get at large and corpulent as possible. There are a few things I still need to work out with them, but they give me chill just writing about them and their abilities. Let’s say this, an elder could make a modern city disappear in one sitting! Creepy, right? Disgusting, oh yeah. The devoured everyone, cell phones and all. That would be quite uncomfortable and awkward.

I have been trying to broaden one of my other immortals, a main one later on in the series, but there doesn’t seem to be much for him to do. Not to mention I am going to make some new characters, but there is also another difficult task to contend with.

When do I kill off some of the characters?

It’s hard to decide if there are vampires that have warn out their welcome in the series. Yet I have grown attached to many of them. (Sigh) I guess this is one of the many difficulties of being a writer besides trying to get published.

In other news, I have just about finished Christmas shopping for my good friend Alexandre. We have a Christmas tradition of sending each other gifts, for me, I send him the greatest bounty in Canada…. Maple Syrup!

Did you know they have made a whole bunch of stuff out of it? Maple Candies, syrup (duh), fudge, tea, coffee, caramels the works! I just hope they don’t get tired of this stuff. But I ask them every year as to what they would like. Anything Maple wins hands down!

Well, that’s all I have for now. If anyone is interested I do have my WWE fan fiction posted on fanfiction.net, look for Scorpina, and I will admit some of the stories are out there! You have been warned.

For now, I am going to prepare another sample to share with you the reader of Mythic Blood! But let’s wait and see what happens in the next few weeks shall we? I am getting a good feeling about this!

Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment