Monday, July 5, 2010

surviving the weekend

Ok, it’s about time I start talking about my vampires again.

First off. Happy Birthday to my Big bro Ryan! He turned 28, see Ryan, you are more than half way to 50 now! HAHAHA!

Ok vampires.

Some of you may not know, but I work at a movie theatre for the time being. I survived the rush of the Twihard fanatics. Eclipse came out this past weekend! I am not a Stephanie Mayor fan by any means, in fact in a last blog I freely confessed how I would mock her writing. But I am not going to do that here, it’s not fair and I would be no better than the people who made fun of my writing in high school (deep breath)

Ok, the real reason why I am writing this blog is recently, I found myself just about finishing the bones of two books. Problem is these books are not to be released until later down the line. My series goes in a certain order, yet I found two of my characters have been more than verbal. Not to mention the ideas seem to just flow out of me for them. One is on trial, the other is writing about his life.

Isn’t it strange though? I have all these ides for books later on in the series, and yet, I haven’t even started on the second novel! Hmm, perhaps I need to rework the order or have something go in place of the original idea I had in mind for it. After all, sometimes the ideas don’t come because they aren’t ready. Or I am holding myself back, waiting for the right reason to writing.

(A publishing contract could get the creative juices flowing, don’t you think?)

I am rather excited and looking forward to hearing from the publisher I submitted to. I feel really good about this, and cannot wait to see what comes of it. My friend Alexandre Tuis is also excited. The artist who created Dante for me, we got to talking and I told him that when I am published, I would be delighted if he would create my book into a graphic novel! His talents and my story it would made for a fantastic series I believe. Time will tell, and I have a great feeling that wonderful things are going to happen very soon.

In the mean time, I am going to see what I can bring myself to create, what characters will come to life and tell me their story. What fights there are to win, and enemies to make in the vampire world.

(Not real ones of course!)

Until next time my friends, stay thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment