Friday, May 21, 2010

My muse, my friend

My Muse my friend…

I don’t I had really taken the time to talk about my friends, those who inspire me to do great things with myself, and to bring my creatures to life. One of my dearest friends has to be Alexandre Tuis.

We met many years ago on a Hellboy message board. I was admiring a piece he did that would be more than worthy enough for the piece to be a movie poster. He had the entire Hellboy cast and characters featured in his work, and the detail made me feel it could have passed as a photograph more than anything.

I sent him a message and told him how moved I was by his artistic talents and could only wish that he would be the one to draw my vampires.

He wrote back.

Thanking me for my kind words and asked me what the vampire would look like, a description of sorts. So, I sent him the idea I had brewing in my head for over a year. Heaven help me should I had been to one to draw out a vampire, I can’t even do stick figures without giving them a wang by accident!

Back to the story at hand.

I sent him the concept idea and he explained he would do what he can, but I had to wait. He was busy with other projects.

Waiting wasn’t an issue, but I must admit. I felt like a kid on Christmas morning!

The three months passed when he wrote me back, asking for the description again. When it was sent, I waited a week before he gave me a rough draft… I had mistaken it as the actual artwork!

Three days passed when he sent me the completed piece. Dante was created, and he is in full view dear reader as you look to your right near the top of the page. Yes, he is a little under dressed. Yet, I wouldn’t want him any other way.

Since then, we have become good friends. I have promoted Alexandre’s artwork since I am not only a fan of it, but I feel there are more people out there who had to know of him. They had to see what he was capable of!

Alex, my friend, Mon ami.

I will repay your kindness, someday, some how.

Alexandre is one of many friends who have inspired me along the way of writing, shockingly enough. One came to find me…

Stay thirsty

No comments:

Post a Comment