Sunday, June 6, 2010

just blogging for the sake of blogging

A blog about nothing special

I know it has been a few days since I posted anything, but I find sometimes I don’t really have anything worthy to post about! I am still waiting to hear from the publisher (no surprise really) but that hasn’t been the only thing on my mind.

As of late, despite the ideas I have brewing in my head, I can’t seem to put them to paper. In fact, I had created a whole different story series just recently, yet I am trying to find the right voices and proper historical content to use. But I am still passionately working on my original vampire series that has at least twelve book ideas.

I find they aren’t too bloody later on down the line. It gets rather tame. However, one shouldn’t keep bombarding their reader with the same gore right? There are new characters, new histories to learn and perspectives to see. Sometimes the scariest element of the story is not the immortals, but the people they come across and what they see in their time. That has been my muse as of late, history. And I have an utter fascination with World War 2.

I explained in a pervious blog that people have stated no one really cares about the war nor are the students these days really let the concept sink in. This isn’t targeted at all students, for some it may strike a cord, others, it rolls off their backs as they wait to see how much longer they have to be in school until they go off to University.

But I believed that Quentin Tarantino had the right idea when he made Inglorious Bastards. It was something new and different for people to view what happened during the war. Although the storyline wasn’t true, it perhaps peeked people’s curiosity as to what really happened in Europe.

It’s what I have been doing when I write. Despite the perspective and the alteration of the history, most of it is true. Yet I always seem to make my vampires say the same line over and over to one another, and especially the new characters that come into view.

“Mortals made this war, they are the ones to end it, not us”

I try to alter a few situations to make it easier for the reader to take in, but at the same time I need to make it raw and have them know what happened to those people back in the 1930s and 1940s was very real. But the part of me prefers my world of fiction, my vampire’s interpretation since they saved lives, as many as they could. But in truth, what I have learned from books and war documentaries is anything but the truth. You didn’t have vampires who would fight against the Nazis with as many numbers as they could gather, you had brave men and women who died fighting, and those who watched their friends and even their own brothers and sister parish at their side is all the more heart wrenching.

Difficult to write, impossible to put into words.

I will never do that time frame justice, no matter how many books I read or war specials I watch. It can never be done, it will only be written with great justice by those who were there and witnessed it first hand. Those who fought for survival no only on the battle fields, but also the horrible concentration camps. The free thinkers who lived in Germany and knew what happened in the world around them was wrong, and fought with everything they had to help those in need.

A picture can be worth a thousand words, but finding those words to use… well… I don’t know if it could be possible.

I do apologize for going back to this theme for a blog, I have been absorbed in the time frame for a while. In fact, one of my vampires gains his name… after he runs into my Grandfather stationed in Europe….

Stay thirsty.

No comments:

Post a Comment