Monday, May 30, 2011

Gah, writer's block!


            I keep telling myself I am going to sit down and write, I’ll do it by golly. Yet when I get to the computer screen as if late, I draw a blank… seriously, nothing comes to mind nor can I bring myself to write out what needs to be written.

            It’s been going on for nearly two weeks now. I got over some of my old stories and add new details and take some things out. I am glad though the novels I have been looking over still got a ways to go, as of late it appears that I am forcing the story, rather than letting the reader take hold and thinking for themselves.
            Sorry, it’s been a long few days for me as of late. Still, I got to get myself to start writing something, I have to. And yet it is still the second novel that is resisting me! I know what I want to write, I just need the proper words for it.

            Damn, you think this would get easier over time?

            Well Anywho, as a distraction, I’ve set up my garden for the summer time. I am even making a smaller standing garden and it will hopefully be up by the end of the week.

            Funny story about that, and it happened today actually.

            Things had just come together for me when it came to purchasing items. One, at the supermarket, I got some red peper for the night’s dinner. Normally they are 2.99 a pound… so three guesses what I am growing this year!

            Back to the story

            I get up to the cash register and they come in marked down to 1.79!

            Awesome sauce!

            Second, I went to pick up the wood needed for the garden and new curtains for my room. My older brother is a stickler for detail and holding companies to their policies. (he could have been a damn good lawyer if that’s what he wanted to be.) He was getting the same curtains as me. Last ones in the store too. So we get up to the register and they come in at a higher price when they were on sale. So he asked them. “Do you uphold the retail law?”

            The cashier nodded her head and we saved nearly fifteen dollars on the curtains! Nice huh? Oh and I got a free board of wood too! Things were just coming up Shannon today!

            But once I got home… I still couldn’t sit down and write!

            I need to get out of this rut and start something else, find other activities to distract my mind and perhaps the ideas will finally come. Perhaps it’s too many characters? Or I need to do some more reading to get the old brain box working!

            Until next time…

No comments:

Post a Comment