Thursday, May 26, 2011

Under the weather


            It been a long week since I have posted something here, among other things it was the long weekend here and Canada, sadly, with my job there is no such thing as a ‘long weekend’ all you look forward to is stat pay.

            Anyway, I just want to say my heart goes out to those who have been affected by the tornados in the states. My thoughts and prayers are with you always, and may this end sooner than later. I cannot imagine what one goes through when storm after storm occurs. I’ve been most fortunate that the weather here is stable. We’ve been getting a lot of rain, but I am not complaining the least bit.

            On a happier note, I wish to congratulate my fellow writer L. Anne Carrington on her success with her novels. She is very passionate about her writing and offers the reader something new and different. If you are a wrestling fan, she has a book called the Cruiserweight. I don’t know about you, but normally if you want a wrestling story, you read fan fiction or a biography of one whose profession involved a ‘square circle’. But she takes it to a different level. Check her out if you like.


            As for me, I’ve been sitting down and writing the second novel of my series. Not that simple as many of you many think. I have the idea that I want, and yet I cannot bring out the right words for it. Not to mention I want to make certain the story flows properly, and have a point. Hmm, I think I need to get back into some reading to find my voice again. Does anyone else have the same problem as I do? You could write any other novel right now, and yet you need the second novel in order to get to the other novels. Man, we writers are an interesting bunch huh?

            Today has been my first day off in a week some of you know and are aware. I am looking forward to a nice clear day, I am actually working on a vegetable garden! I’ve planted only a few things right now, and yet have run into a few problems. One grubs. Gah, those little buggers are really rotting my socks right now. I could get nematodes, but that’s nearly 30 dollars out of pocket. Second something (raccoons) are digging in the soil. Why? Grubs. They eat them, but they have to dig up the plants to get to them. Hey, everyone has to eat, and this is an all-natural way of ridding the grubs, just messier and a little more annoying.

            Well I think this is all I can write for now, some bad weather is heading my way as I type this to you now. I hope to have more for you later. Not to mention I am battling something, flu, cold, whatever it is. Here’s hoping it goes away soon and doesn’t affect my writing!

Until next time….

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for the shout out =)

    I hope you do as well with your books in the very near future. Sorry to hear you've been under the weather, but also good to see a new post from you!

    ReplyDelete