Monday, May 16, 2011

Long needed update

Wow, it’s been a while huh? Still no excuse for me not to be writing. Then again, a lot has been going on here.

I have had a slight change of scenery as I still live at home with my parents… yeah, I know. Second, I traded rooms with my brothers. Third, I went to Austin Texas for the World Horror Convention!

So with money spent and old things were given away to a good cause, there has been some changes about here, even with my writing. In Austin, I was one of ten privileged enough to get into a writer’s course with Mr. Brian Keene, a great writer who had wonderful advice given to me. Even a wakeup call in my case.

We were having a break from the meeting when I explained to him the problem with my story is that people aren’t getting past the prolog I had worked on for the story. In a sense, is what leads up to the novel and yet from what I have read from people, they believe a character by the name of Lucas is the focus of the story. It’s not the case and found it rather frustrating that no one goes beyond the prolog to see the true story.

He looked to me and asked who else had brought up the prolog as an issue, I realized everyone had pointed it out. A good friend of mine by the name of Richard said it was long enough for a short story.

Mr. Keene looked to me and said. “Well, there you go!”

Of course, being as stubborn as I was, I had come to link the prolog to the start of the story. It was what set the mood for a plot twist later on, but I cannot speak of that now. After all, I want to get this story published!

So it has been decided… well… at least for me. I will publish the prolog as a download for kindle. I have to organize it first and be certain it is ready. Once I have the approval from various people I trust, it will be out for 0.99

Until then, I have recently registered for Godaddy.com Mythicblood.com and .ca are now registered to me! That’s right. I have their rights now and will begin the website as soon as I can and figure out what can be done with the website for readers and thoughts interested in the series. Until then, I hope this update will suffice.

On a side note. I had reconnected with an old friend of mine from high school, a good friend who helped me out by filling in for another last moment. We went to a concert in Toronto. Music as a weapon, featuring Disturbed and Korn. Throughout the day, I learned more of him and found out why I couldn’t have connected with him over the years.

For a while, I had been feeling sorry for myself. I felt trapped in a job I held and still hold for 8 years and counting. I still lived at home with my parents despite the fact I am nearing 27 years of age… yes you read right. I felt I didn’t have anything to show for my life in that time. Nothing at all.

Until I started talking with him. My dear friend, full of wonderful music talent and songs that would send chills down your spine. After high school, I learned he was kicked out. For a while, he slept in a park, and had been on the move for a while until he came to settle in Hamilton.

He had gone through hell and back, and yet wasn’t bitter from it. I couldn’t believe that after all he had gone through, and how I felt sorry for myself for still having a roof over my head and food at my fingertips.

Just recently, I learned he was going back out into the world. Leaving his home in Hamilton and explore the world. Why? I don’t know, but just by hearing of his travel plans it sounds much like he is retracing his steps. Knowing where to is, is knowing where you have been.

As much as I would want him to stay, his mind was made up. I wanted to be there for his good-bye party, but the distance to travel was beyond that I could afford or anyone be willing to drive me to. No matter though, I know he will come back. We are always destined to meet the people who have touched our lives again.

Well, I will hold off on this for now. Tomorrow I will sit down and write out about my adventure in Texas. Until then, thank you for reading, and I hope to see you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment